Top 5 Things to do in Austin, TX in December!
Thanks to the city’s temperate weather, you’ll find plenty to do in Austin during the wintertime, both indoors and out. Here you can hike along forest trails, sip seasonal cocktails in a cozy lounge, explore a world-class museum and dine outdoors on a heated patio.
Add these ideas to your Austin winter bucket list and go!
1. Austin Trail of Lights – With more than two million lights and 40 displays, it’s hard not to be awed by this glorious spectacle at Zilker Park. You can be a part of this festive and lively atmosphere, which is being held November 27-December 31, 2021
2. Mozart’s Light Show – Sip on a steaming cup of hot chocolate while watching the shop’s dazzling lights display choreographed to lively music nightly from November through early January (reservations required).
3. Peppermint Parkway – A magical drive-thru experience at Austin’s Circuit of The Americas. The holiday spectacular will be a one-mile driving attraction that will immerse visitors in millions of holiday lights synchronized to joyful holiday classics.
4. Luminations – At the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, stroll through an outdoor botanical oasis decked out in sparkling lights during Luminations, held from November 27-January 3, with limited capacity and plenty of space to explore.
5. Downtown Holiday Stroll – Visit downtown Austin to celebrate the holiday season with safe and socially-distanced festivities like the holiday shopping passport, pop-ups, appearances by Mr. & Mrs. Claus, holiday window and light displays and the signature 45-foot downtown tree.