2021 was a wild ride, but there are plenty of good things on the horizon — and that’s worth celebrating!
Here are some fun ideas for New Year’s Eve:
1. Make Elegant Cocktails – If there’s ever a time to go extra on the food and beverage, it’s New Year’s Eve. Pour champagne over a mound of cotton candy to create a one-of-a-kind cocktail that’s equally festive whether you’re celebrating IRL or over Zoom. Plus, it requires zero bar skills—meaning you can easily teach your friends how to make this during a virtual happy hour.
2. DIY Your Own Ball Drop – You can bring the ball drop to your own living room this New Year’s Eve! There are many tutorials on the internet or you can always trust YouTube to walk you through it step-by-step.
3. Spike Your Sweets – In our experience, every New Year’s Eve party is better with two things: delicious desserts and booze. So, why not combine the two? A boozy dessert bar (think: spiked eggnog bundt cake, whiskey ice cream floats, bourbon bread pudding, champagne cupcakes, Irish coffee profiteroles, maple-pecan bourbon balls, and Baileys chocolate poke cake) will add a splash of spirit (literally) to your celebration.
4. Throw a Virtual Murder Mystery Party – If you and your family are into fun games, check this out! Thanks to an emergence of live hosted services and downloadable packages, it’s fairly easy and relatively inexpensive—about $30 to $40 for self-hosted games—to throw a virtual murder mystery party. Just pick a theme (think: 80s prom gone wrong, intercontinental assassins), buy a kit, set a time and date, and send out the instructions provided for you. Oh, and of course, encourage your fellow players to come dressed in character.
5. Create a Festive Photo Backdrop – Become Insta Famous with this trend! You can easily do this at home with a few orders from Amazon. A simple metallic wall covering and oversized balloons are really all you need for the perfect backdrop, whether you’re celebrating in-person on over Zoom. (Pro tip: If you’re celebrating IRL, make sure to set out a tripod so you’ll have something to attach your phone to)
Are you enjoying this type of content?
Like this post and follow us for more tips @NestProperties_Austin !