A city without snow means a lot of opportunity to play golf, and Austin golf is littered with some pretty amazing courses!
Here are our top 5 courses in the Austin area:
1. Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa – This resort has developed the reputation as one of the best golfing destinations in Texas, as its well-maintained greens, challenging layouts, and stunning vistas come together in perfect harmony.
2. Wolfdancer Golf Club – Not for the faint of heart. Known as one of the toughest tests in Texas, it boasts a high rating and lightning-fast undulating greens!
3. Falconhead Golf Club – Falconhead is located just west of Austin in the Texas Hill Country, this course was laid out by the PGA Tour Design architects, so you can expect the same type of quality golf course as the pros.
4. Grey Rock Golf Club (formerly Circle C Golf Course) – Grey Rock Golf Club offers a wide range of play for all skill levels. Lined with beautiful, big oak trees and reasonably wide fairways, Grey Rock is challenging enough for a low handicapper and manageable for the weekend warrior.
5. Avery Ranch Golf Club – Located 20 minutes northwest of downtown, this course was carved and blasted out of the rocky ranchlands along Brushy Creek. This historically significant area was once home to Native Americans, who were drawn to this beautiful setting, thick with dense oaks, meandering creeks and abundant wildlife.