6 Tips for Preparing Your Home for Sale
Investing some time and effort up front to prepare your house for showings will generally increase the likelihood of receiving offers soon after you list your home. The longer your home stays on the market, the harder it can be to sell. Things like repairs, staging, and cleaning can help attract better offers, but they can also be a time-consuming and expensive process.
- Identify repairs and plan
- Declutter and clean – make it feel spacious
- Depersonalize your home and help buyers to see its full potential
- Paint where it needs it most
- Set the stage—make it feel like home
- Keep it clean and consistent
Take a step back to view your home from an objective point of view. When you live in a home, especially for a long time, it’s easy to overlook the things that can make or break an offer. Selling your home is about taking an objective look from a buyer’s point of view. Remove yourself and your memories from the equation, and imagine that you are seeing your home for the first time.