Top 5 Places to See Bluebonnets this Year
After a long winter, Austinites are counting down the days to warmer weather. The best time to see them is typically toward the end of March and early April.
Here are some of our favorite spots!
1. Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center – Though the Wildflower Center is a great place to see native flowers and foliage year-round, this time of year it is taken over by lovely bluebonnets.
2. Capital of Texas Highway (Hwy 360) – Bluebonnets blanket 360’s hilly terrain this time of year, making for the perfect photo-op. Just don’t snap and drive!
3. Edward’s University – This South Austin university is an ideal place for frolicking in the flowers. The downtown skyline views and historic architecture found on campus are just a bonus!
4. Montopolis Drive – Roy G. Guerrero Park is a great spot for disk golf, swimming and bird-watching, but did you know it is also a great place to see bluebonnets.
5. Brushy Creek Lake Park, Cedar Park – Lush green fields and bluebonnets are the perfect backdrop for a photo family or pet photo. Stay a while to walk the trail and feed the ducks!