I scream for Ice Cream!
Austin has so much to offer in terms of ice cream!
Whether you’re after chef-created ice cream dishes, authentic gelato (technically not ice cream but it deserves major love), or tasty vegan options, you’ll find it in this list of the best ice cream in Austin!
1. The very best ice cream in Austin is at dipdipdip and it is unlike any other ice cream we’ve had the pleasure of tasting—in the best way possible. Recently opened in North Austin, dipdipdip is home to chef-created, Japanese-inspired ice cream desserts! If you want to try something different, this is certainly the place!
2. Fresa’s is more commonly known for their chicken and Tex-Mex, but skipping out on their ice cream is a huge mistake. This is the creamiest ice cream on this list by far, with the most luxurious mouthfeel and rich texture.
3. Soft serve has officially made a comeback, and Cow Tipping Creamery does it so unbelievably well. Home-made EVERYTHING here—all the soft serve, sauces, cones, sprinklings, and even the dustings. Over-the-top Stackers (basically layered sundaes) are their specialty, but a humble waffle cone with just a topping or two is our favorite way to go here.
4. Located in the heart of South First, Dolce Neve Gelato is the definition of quaint. Yet they offer a surprising variety of flavors! Delicious pairings like Mascarpone & Fig, Chocolate with Candied Orange Peel, and their house flavor of Crema Dolce Neve (egg custard with lemon zest) are excellent choices!
5. If you are vegan, (or even if you’re not) you’ve got to check this place out! Thai Fresh is the best ice cream in Austin with 100% vegan, coconut milk-based ice creams offered from the cafe portion of their restaurant. Flavors are mostly Thai inspired, like Golden Milk, Black Sticky Rice Horchata, and Coconut Lime, but more traditional options are also on rotation. The flavors are solid, for sure, and their home-made charcoal waffle cones are sooooo delicious!